The Perry Belt Drier is ideally suited to drying almost any non-flowing product or more granular products that require a lower throughput capacity. Popular applications have included biomass, anaerobic digestate, grass & seeds.
The Perry Belt Drier can be adjoined to a variety of in house manufactured handling equipment to feed and discharge the driers, including: store conveyors, belt and bucket elevators, augers and screw conveyors, in addition to many more handling solutions.
The Perry Belt Drier is ideally suited for these materials:
Wood chip - Wood shavings - Wood pellets - Other feed pellets - Saw dust - Biomass straw - Miscanthus and bagasse - Herbs - Combinable crops - Beans and soya beans - Shredded recycled matter - Sewerage sludge & digestate - Flaked maize - Nuts - Fruit and fruit slices - Compost - Cotton rejects - Extruded pet foods - Finely ground wet chips - Grass - Grass seed - Orange peel - Pulp granulates - Solid shredded waste - Granular & shredded plastic - Poultry manure
Traditionally drying these types of materials has been achieved by rotary drum driers, however this method has many disadvantages, including:
- High risk of fire due to the average operating temperature of 426°C (800°F).
- Balling up of products.
- Potentially volatile emissions which may require additional permits.
- Not suited for heat recovery due to their higher operating temperature.
The Perry belt drier overcomes all of the issues listed above, along with being more economically efficient due to the lower operating temperature and providing the opportunity to recover waste heat.
Try before you buy so you can buy with confidence!
Thinking about buying a belt drier? Not sure if it is going to work for your product? Try our belt drier, at your premises using your product!
Here at Perry we are currently manufacturing a fully mobile belt drier that we can bring to your site, allowing you to test it drying your own product. We can leave it with you for a couple of weeks allowing you to take full advantage of it and to make sure the Perry belt drier is the solution you are looking for.
You will receive full training on how to get the most out of the belt drier including learning how to use our in house programmed touch screen PLC panel. The belt drier is fully mobile, it has a direct fired oil furnace and inclined belt feeder or screw feeder or gravity inlet for free flowing products. You can park it up somewhere convenient and just dry your product.
Why take a risk buying something that may not be right for you? Book atrial* of our belt drier and buy with confidence!
if you would like to book your trial please contact us today on +44 (0)1404 890300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Trial available in the UK only. Your only cost is for delivery and return transport and the cost of the fuel you utilise during the trial.)
Drying for Biomass:
It’s highly likely that your biomass materials need to have their water content reduced before you can use them, to:
- Ensure the optimal heating efficiency of the material, including a greater flame temperature.
- Prevent incomplete combustion of the fuel leading to tar & creosote emissions.
- Prevent corrosion of the flue by water recondensing.
- Improve the efficiency of the transport & storage of the material.
- Fine mesh drying belt
- All galvanized construction - stainless steel as an option.
- Multiple heat sources available including biomass, steam, oil, kerosene or gas.
- PLC touch screen panel with internet connectivity.
- Levelling device.
- Modular construction.
- Rotary brush to clean belt.
- Various widths up to 3m available.
- Designed and manufactured in house.
- Optional cooling section.
Modular galvanised steel construction available in 1.5m, 2.2m and 3m widths. The drier can be increased in length in 1m increments from 8.5m to 38.5m (including drive and tail). The overal height of the drier is dependant on the heat source chosen.
Heat Sources Available
These are commonly used for application where a biomass heat source is available such as woodchip boilers to produce hot water or if there is a steam heat source available.
The drier can be tailored to accept a customer’s existing heat exchangers if required.
OIL OR GAS FIRED BURNERS:
If a separate heat source is required a direct fired furnace with diesel, kerosene, LPG or natural gas burner can be used. Alternatively a heat exchanger with the same burner can be used for indirect heating if required.
Polymer Woven Belt (Standard)
- An anti-static synthetic / bronze weave mesh which is well suited to low temperature driers. Temperatures of up to 130°C.
- Best suited for smaller / finer products, or products which have a wide range of particle sizes such as woodchip.
- The woven in bronze wires permanently prevent electro-static charging of the belt.
- The mesh has a high level of air permeability.
- Two Separate tracking rollers & two rotary cleaning brushes (one at the drive end & one at the tail end).
- Feeding hopper that can be used as a buffer hopper to help feed the product evenly over the belt. This feeding hopper will have a number of screw feeders dependent on the width of drier chosen. The hopper can be fed via dump loading, elevators, conveyors or screw conveyors.
- Drier panels can be insulated along the drying section to improve heat retention.
- A false floor option is available for a fully enclosed drier base.
- A complete enclosure can be built around the drier to house the heat exchangers and the fans. This is built with insulated wall panels and two access doors (one in the hot & one in the cold plenum)
- 12” Touch screen.
- Simple operation.
- Plain language status alerts.
- Designed & programmed in house.
- Data logging of all readouts and alarms and drier status.
- Moisture contents can be entered during the day.
- Export all recorded drier conditions and moisture contents to a spreadsheet and automatically create daily record sheets.
- Fuel use calculator included for diesel applications.
The drier history is recorded and input & output screens display current panel conditions to aid fault diagnostics.
Connect your panel to the internet to:
- Allow status reports can be sent to select mobile numbers and email addresses.
- Have the ability to control or monitor the drier remotely from any internet connected PC or tablet.
- Download all drier history and data logged records.
- Connect the drier to the internet and allow UK engineers to access the panel for diagnostics or adjustments while you watch the screen.
- Requires internet connection and modem for all features.
PLC Plant Control Panel
- Additional cost option incorporated in your drier control panels.
- Switch simply between drier and plant control view.
- Can control up to twenty machines as standard.
- Unique mimic drawings for each installation.
- Manual or auto route selection modes.
- Drier operation can be seen whilst in plant control panel display.
- Possible to add routes on site without reprogramming.
- Larger control panels can be provided for large installations.
Control Panel App
We are pleased to announce the launch of an app and remote desktop connection which allows you to connect to and control your Perry PLC control panel from any PC or IOS / Android mobile device.*
The app allows users more flexibilty when operating their driers; you can now operate the panel or check the status of your Perry equipment from wherever you happen to be.
Full control of your drier from anywhere with a WiFi or 3G/4G connection!
Free app available from both Apple App store and Google Play Store.
- Control your Perry PLC drier or plant from your phone.
- Two settings allowing you to either view or control the panel.
- Full zoom compatibility making the buttons and screen easier to read.
- Static IP and passwords mean the connection is secure.
- Multiple applications can be installed on different devices.
- Multiple panels can be installed on each application.
The remote desktop allows more in-depth analysis of your control panel. Status reports and alarm history have never been so easy to access.
Sit at your computer while keeping a close eye on your drier!
Remote Desktop Operation
- Use the connection exactly the same way as the panel, the screen shows an exact mimic of your panel. Everything that can be done on the panel can be done in the remote connection.
- Static IP and password on the panel can be done in the remote support.
- Application can be installed on more than one device.
- Multiple panels can be connected to the application.
Your panel is connected to the internet which allows you to access the following within your drier panel:
- Status reports in email and text form to be sent to selected numbers and email addresses.
- Can download all alarm history and recorded drier conditions.
- Remote connection by Perry engineers to diagnose any faults.
- Moisture contents can be enetered during the day.
- Can export all recorded drier conditions and moisture contents to excel and automatically create daily record sheets.
- Fuel use calculator included for gas and diesel applications.
*Panel must be connected to the internet with a static IP address and port forwarding facility, no app currently availablefor Windows devices.
Perry Belt Drier Key Points
Fitted with a universal belt, the Perry Belt drier is suitable for all granular products, woodchip, shavings, sawdust, paper pulp, grass, herbs, vegetable slices, SRF, RDF, silica granules, clay pellets and grain. The belt is tightyly woven, so very few product fines will pass through.
The air enters the top of the drier and is drawn through the product and the belt. This makes our drier ideally suited for drying light crops as they are not blown off the bed by the air flow; they are consolidated onto it. This means more air gets through the product and allows for maximum drying efficiency. It is particularly good for sawdust, herbs and grasses.
The Perry belt drier does not have chains or slats, keeping it very clean. In driers with slats and chains, when products such as grass or herbs are being dried the residue left will decompose and the bacterial count inside the drier will increase. In the Perry belt drier there is less chance of damage as materials cannot get stuck in the slats and chains. As the product is fed onto the belt and is stationary during the drying process the Perry belt drier is very gentle to the product; there will be no damage caused by it being dragged through the drier over a metal bed by chains and slats.
Slow moving, and very few moving parts, so rates of wear are very slow and cheap to maintain.
Galvanised modular construction. 2m long standard sections. Drive, tail and tensioning section are sent to site pre built. The rest of the sections are sent to site in panel form. The drier can be extended after purchase at a later date very easily. This makes it easier to plan for the future and extend the drier instead of having to add another. Also, the galvanised construction is well suited to resisting corrosion caused by the damp air when drying.
Becasue there is no louvre system or mesh material that the product is being moved over there are no air gaps to become clogged by small residue, so the drier performance stays consistent and there is no perforations to clean in the drier body.
There is a rotary brush to clean the belt as standard and for usual biomass and granular products this should be satisfactory. Every piece of belt is cleaned once per revolution automatically.
Alternative cleaning methods include an air knife, which can blow small particles out of the belt, or a high pressure water jet cleaning system for more sticky products. Both methods work after the drive drum to clean the belt before returning to the inlet.
The PLC screen is full colour. There is an SD card in the PLC and it logs data to this, which can then be plugged into a laptop and downloaded or if there is an internet connection with a fixed IP address you can connect remotely and download it. We can also connect from the office to the drier for diagnostic purposes. The internet connection allows remote control and monitoring of the drier for diagnostic purposes. The internet connection allows remote control and monitoring of the drier using a laptop or mobile device.
Automatic control as standard is by measuring air temperature on the same principle as the grain drier. The way this works is to measure the air temperature above and below the belt at the inlet and outlet of the drier. When the temperature below the belt drops at the inlet this indicates damper chip entering the drier; the PLC will then slow the belt down to compensate. If the temperature below the belt at the outlet end increases this will indicate that the chip is getting over dried so the PLC will speed the belt back up a little. An extra cost alternative will be a system using microwave sensors to actually measure the moisture and control the speed from these readings. With the moisture sensors the actual moisture is measured but the PLC program makes the adjustments in the same way.
Sealing for product leakage and air leakage is done using a soft rubber side skirt. This is adjustable as it wears to help maintain and efficient seal, they are a slow wearing part.
We have an automatic belt tracking device which works using a sensor at the side of the belt to sense if the belt wanders to one side. If the sensor is touched an electric actuator changes the angle of the tracking roller which sends the belt across to the opposite side.
For large scale applications enclosing the drier in a Kingspan composite panel structure is a good alternative. This means the main galvanised body is completely covered by the insulated panels, apart from the drive and tail end of the drier. The HEX can easily be mounted on the vertical side of the structure and the fans can be either mounted on the roof or top of the vertical side of the cold plenum. The drier can be made to blend in with its surroundings. It is more expensive than standard galvanised finish.
For more information on the Perry Belt Drier or any of our other products and services call us now on
+44 (0)1404 890300 or email email@example.com