The Perry range of gantry mounted grain samplers covers two main models: COBRA & CAMELEON.
COBRA is the best sampler for smoothness, precision, safety and speed, with the additional benefit of full trailer length coverage. COBRA features the same technical, mechanical and electronic specifications as the HERON 4000. Its design using a carriage travelling along a gantry rail allows total coverage of long vehicles, and meets the highest international standards.
Perry can offer solutions spanning longer effective travel distances (30m and more) to cover even the longest vehicle trains. Surplus material recirculation back into the trailer (or another location of choice). All grain samplers can be fitted with this option, which saves time and minimises handling requirements.
COBRA PREMIUM offers a raised, custom made support structure, allowing free passage of high vehicles under the rail. Along with an alternative limp home mode, meaning the sampler can operate the up/down and swivel drives even if the VFD fails. Fixing or replacing the inverter is no longer a problem and there is no down time.
- Swinging up/down drive gearmotor controlled through a variable frequency drive (VFD) for torque boost and integrated dumper bottom detection.
- Vacuum intake with grain to air ration adjustment. VFD controlled swivel drive gear motor.
- 3kW (380V) vacuum turbine at the foot of the sampler for conveying distances up to 60m; or at the sample receiver end for greater distances.
- Electric enclosure on the sampler pillar.
- Cycloburo-type sample receiver station with 10 litres sample retainer and with an air-pulse cleaned filter sleeve for integral recovery of all particles.
- Compact wired push button control box as standard, large control panel option.
- Sample intake through monotube probe (direct vacuum intake) or twin-walled probe (core sampling style).
- In-line sampler arms have tubes and hoses in line with the arm to prevent interference with structural parts of the vehicle.
- 380 Volts 3kW vacuum turbine with flow inverter. Standard mounted at the foot of the pillar. Easy access; robust construction.
Arm (Length) 2545mm
Rail (thickness) 8mm
Turret (diameter) 406x (6mm thick)
Up / down drive motor 1.1kW
Arm (Length) 2545mm
Rail (thickness) 6mm
Turret (diameter) 324x (4mm thick)
Up / down drive motor 0.75kW
CAMELEON has been designed to meet the specific needs of sampling operations on tankers (rail or road), but is equally suitable for other types of vehicles. The straight vertical stroke of its probe provides precision and a high force of penetration. The movement is assisted by a variable frequency drive allowing the probe to dive as deep as 4m, even into high density products and powdery material. The CAMELEON travels along a rail, allowing fast sampling of long vehicles with high accuracy.
CAMELEON can come with a gantry structure or rest on wall mounted brackets. An alternative limp home mode is also available in the premium range, meaning the sampler can operate the up/down and swivel drives even if the VFD fails. Fixing or replacing the inverter is no longer a problem and there is no down time.
There are two types of receiver station:
- Cycloburo – this is the standard receiver station for all samplers. Minimum space requirement, maximum ease of use. Includes an impulse cleaned filter sleeve for integral recovery of all particles.
- Cyclone with Blending Auger – allows perfect homogenisation of the sample.