Perry have introduced an extensive range of flat bottomed silos which carry the Perry & Silomasters brand. Designed by a team of specialists with over 50 years of global silo experience, the silos are manufactured on state of the art equipment and can be specified to meet either ANSI or Eurocode standards depending on the destination country.
The First Perry SiloMasters silos have been produced at the brand new, state-of-the-art production facility in Spain and bought by customers across two continents.
The extensive range includes flat bottom silos, with 3m to 32m diameter, and storage capacities ranging from 27m³ to 26,000m³. Hopper bottom silos range from 3m to 13m diameter with either 45° or 60° cones. The hopper silo ranges can be manufactured with either a heavy-duty hip ring or with an internal light weight hip ring. All of the silos within our range come with Z600 galvanising and S450 steel construction. A wide corrugation profile of 106mm pitch for only 13mm profile depth is standard.
For poor flowing products, such as meals and woodchips, silos with smooth-wall construction are also available offering the perfect solution.
The extensive range and flexibility of the new production facility mean we can offer silos with cladding, either galvanised or powder coated. Silos can be specified to comply with both Eurocode and ANSI norms and take into account local wind, snow and seismic conditions. Perfect for all types for grain storage systems, farm, commercial and intensive industrial projects with high fill, high unload rates as well as high turnover rates.
- All galvanised construction.
- Round flat bottom silo capacities from 1 to 30,000 tonnes based on wheat at 750kg/m³.
- Galvanised, stainless, mild steel & painted options.
- Modular design.
- Standard flat bottom silos range from 3m diameter (15 tonnes storage) to 32m diameter (20,000 tonnes storage).
- Custom diameters available to suit existing bases if replacing an end of life silo.
- All silos are designed for high cyclic loading – high usage of product in and out at high tonnage rates.
- Special silos available to suit customer’s applications – standard and bespoke range.
- 30 degree pitched roof, which provides integrity while maintaining low overall heights for conveyors & elevators and matches the natural angle of repose for stored materials.
- A unique single piece roof design is used on silos up to 16m diameter – simplifying installation and enhancing performance.
- All flat bottom silos include a cylinder access door and roof inspection hatch as standard – additional doors can be installed.
- Optimised design of wall stiffeners and steelwork.
- Silos are manufactured using high grade S450 steel, protected by galvanising to Z600 standard giving superior strength to weight characteristics and extremely long service life.
In addition to the silo range there are also a number of related accessories including:
- Complete aeration systems (fans, perforated floors, etc.)
- Temperature control systems (portable or with computers).
- Unloading equipment (sweepers, augers).
- Walkways & catwalks - the catwalk system is modular to be able to adapt to all types of conveyor loads and to any design of the plant. Standard catwalk widths between 1m and 3.4m, including a 1.1m double handrail. Custom sizes are available on request.
- Towers and structures (supporting columns, work towers, structures for loading silos of trucks / trains)
The standard catwalk feature widths from 1.0 up to 3.4 meter wide. These include a double handrail, 1.1 m height vertically and half-height safety rail supported each 1.5 meters and kickboard. The standard floor of the catwalk is made of galvanised grating sheets 30 x 30 mm.
Alternatively a pre-punched floor can be offered. The structure of the catwalk is produced with galvanised profiled beams. The design incorporates three beams to allow for larger conveyor loads. This also reduces the possibility of sag in the decking. The decking sits directly on top of the beams, using dome headed bolts, to help eliminate trip hazards.
We can offer a both a flush floor (lateral) systems or full floor aeration systems for flat bottom silos and in-cone aeration systems for hopper silos. For safe storage of grain, we use airflows of 5 to 7m³/hr/ton depending on product stored.
Each flush floor or in-cone system is custom designed to ensure even distribution of air while reducing the air velocity. The flush floor system uses 530mm wide interlocking perforated laterals, number per linier meter changes in accordance with the grain loads imposed.
Different products and silo heights result in different static pressures. We use state-of-art software to calculate the static pressure and ensure the fan selected meets both variables. Also available are complete in-silo drying systems, roof fans and associated equipment.
*Some photos are from previous Perry of Oakley Ltd. installations.
Call or email us today to speak to one of our experienced engineers about all of your silo needs!
+44 (0)1404 890300